Data Protection and Confidentiality
- You may submit information, including personal data and sensitive personal data to us via the on-line application forms and email addresses as an application ("application data"). Sensitive personal data is information as to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings.
- In acknowledging an application we are not verifying the content, accepting the application or making any offer of employment or engagement. We are not obliged to accept any applications.
- Information is only uploaded to an employer's online form at the candidate's request. The candidate then has an opportunity to edit any of this information and must then decide to submit it to that employer.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
- We acknowledge that your contact details and application data (as defined above) ("your information") may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws. Marks and Spencer is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and will treat your information in accordance with its obligations under the Act.
- We may use your application data and contact details for the purposes of recruitment or provision of WebSAF services, respectively, as more fully described above. We may also use your data in order to assess the effectiveness of our recruitment processes.
- Your information may be controlled and processed by Marks and Spencer and/or by data processors acting on our behalf. Data processors acting on our behalf can only act on our instructions, may only use the data for specified legal purposes and must adhere to the data security standards required under the DPA. Your data will not otherwise be provided to any third party or used for other purposes unless legally required.
- We may use information obtained about you from monitoring your use of this website for internal purposes including site performance, evaluating site use and creating of marketing reports to aid future marketing of information about us and our products. Personal data collected by monitoring will be aggregate, no personal or sensitive personal data will be used other than for the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer your information overseas to any of our offices or of any of our affiliates, agents or appointed representatives. Some of our offices and those of our affiliates, agents or representatives are located in countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have well developed data protection legislation when compared to European law. While we will ensure your information is processed in accordance with this legal notice and privacy statement you may not have rights under data protection legislation in those jurisdictions equivalent to those under European law. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not want that information to be processed by us in the ways described by this notice.
- You have the right to access and the right to rectify your personal data whether submitted as an application or otherwise by sending us a written request. There is a statutory charge of £10 for administering such a request.
- We may monitor your use of this website and record your email address